Compelling Topics for Argumentative Research Papers
If you do an English 101 course or any similar one, the odds are high that you will deal with piles of writing tasks which irritate an overwhelming majority of students. It is not perceived at school in contrast to college and university where students are constantly under pressure. With every academic level, the store of knowledge and set of skills needed to complete a certain writing assignment only expand. Thus, college students get more complex tasks and more knotty topics.
Traditionally, teachers or professors define the topics on their own. Still, sometimes students are eligible to choose their own questions for discussion.
An argumentative essay is a sort of academic paper which presupposes the possession of three set of skills is a key requirement:
Reading and writing
When you face hardships with at least one of these skills, it is advisable to get professional help from one of the trustworthy websites. Either way, try to master an essay on your own without any assistance. Besides, you can look through an abundance of examples on the Internet without any fee.
Keep in mind that argumentative assignments are given to maintain debating capabilities. This type of task has a direct influence on how professionally a student will deliver speeches publicly or just assert his/her viewpoint in the future.
How to Pick Negotiable Argumentative Topics Prudently?
Lots of students are at ease when their tutors are responsible for argumentative research paper topics. Yet, it is more beneficial to have a freedom of choice since you can opt for a topic you are keenly interested in. It is not that hard to choose an interesting topic from any field of science. During the work on an argumentative paper, a student must collect all relevant and tried-and-true sources to display his acquaintance with a certain issue. Students should apply some of the below given reliable resources:
- Class textbooks
- Different published editions
- Academic journals
- Laws and regulations
Even if you are an authority on the selected area, do not forget to mention quotes from the external sources. By doing this, students give proof that they are able to collect and select sources with top-quality information on the assigned topic. Furthermore, in-text citations are indicative of your acquaintance with various papers formats. Keep in mind that formatting is a gateway to your longed-for grade. If you are dubious about the topic to write your argumentative essay on, turn to online specialists who are dealing with custom argumentative essays on any topics. Besides, they are knowledgeable about how to make your paper stand out from the rest.
Handy Tips &Typical Features of the Great Topic Ideas
If your aim is to make readership enjoy your paper and read it till the end, you should take the following steps:
- Choose a topic that is heatedly discussed by everyone (juicy rumors, facts, interesting stories, etc).
- Take a problem that raises doubts in people's minds.
- Opt for the audience that disregards your viewpoint.
- Select the topic on which everyone puts forward original thoughts.
- Hit upon a topic which resonates with you.
We Have Collected the Most Useful Hints and Prompts Based on the Successful Argumentative Essays:
- Eschew selecting obvious argumentative research topics!
- Never choose a problem for which you cannot think up arguments.
- Avoid too tedious topics.
- To make your paper convincing, focus on the problem discussed by centuries. It can even spark off global conflicts, but people will not cease arguing about it.
- Issues concerning politics (e.g. U.S. government or elections) are always current.
- It is beneficial to take a topic related to the nowadays college standards which irritate the majority of students, as it can give an impetus to your peers to dispute with your tutors. Heated discussions are the main ingredient for successful argumentative writing.
- Avoid any topics that concern arguable and individual aspects of our life such as religion, gender, nationality, etc.
Stick to MLA or APA format since such examples are plentiful on the Internet.
Always take into account what other people think about your selected topic.
As you see, the process is almost always similar. The major purpose is to choose the most inspiring argumentative essay topics to have an impact you expect. Your goal is to make your readership satisfied, irrespective of whether it is your teacher or classmates. Imagine that you struggle to get the highest award in a competition. In the context of an argumentative essay, “A” grade is your desired reward.
The structure of an argumentative essay
The argumentative essay includes the following steps:
- Broad primary and secondary research
- Gathering sources
- Selecting the most trustworthy and new sources
- Drawing a draft
- Writing process
- Proofreading & Editing
- Double-checking all mistakes
- In terms of the organization of the final essay, it is advisable to adhere to a 5-paragraph structure. Create an outline and stick to it.
Your ideas must be designed in the following way:
Introduction. Give some cognitive facts, spice up with a quote, joke, or think up another way to catch reader's attention from the outset. After that, formulate an efficient thesis statement.
First body paragraph. Start with the first argument. Include in-text citations to back up your argument. Give evidence to be more convincing.
Second body paragraph. Put forward your second argument. Add in-text citations to support your argument. Give evidence to be more convincing.
Third body paragraph. Present your third argument. Keep in mind in-text citations to back up your argument. Give evidence to be more convincing.
Conclusion. Restate your thesis which is the last sentence of your introduction. Give a short review of the key points. In the last sentence, call readers to take actions.
Do not forget about bibliography and the list all of the sources you have used.