- Study the issue from various sources as not all of them are credible. Do not let only one source be your filter.
- Look for primary sources, as not always reporter’s interpretation reflects the reality. If there are no links to primary materials, then chose alternative sources of information.
- Don’t take into consideration reports with phrases “probably” or “likely” as 80% of them are nothing more than rumors and have nothing to do with reality.
- Stay away from anonymous sources, as they cannot in any way be trusted.
- Share only verified information. Nowadays you get news via your social network account first, but remember to treat all things you get in your facebook feed critically.
How to Read News Correctly? Tips for Students
Of course, reading news is not the most important thing to do for an average student. There are loads of other responsibilities, namely studying and having fun with friends. Moreover, news seems to be so boring… Nevertheless, it is your duty to be acquainted with what is going on around you. And the source here really matters. To cut the long story short, QualityEssay.com gives you recommendations on how to stay much closer to the reality: