- The right members of your team. Sometimes the teacher allows to pick up your project members yourself. So keep in mind that your friend with 2 jobs, a 6 class schedule and an internship is a bad company for doing a group project together. Here a kind of investigation in Facebook can be of great help. Asking the surrounding peers about the group project will help you to choose the right people.
- A necessary time cushion at the end of your project. For example, if the deadline is the 20th, try to have everything done by the 15th or the 16th. Just in case. After all, anything can happen: somebody can fall ill, files can get lost, etc. A little time cushion for a team will allow to prevent a catastrophe.
- Periodic updates and check-ins. Each group member should know his or her tasks and the deadline for completing them. Team meetings on a weekly basis will allow you not only to share finding, contribution and difficulties of each team member, but also establish new priorities and eliminate drawbacks.
- Consulting the professor. Seeking help is not a sign of your weakness. In fact, asking for help will prove to professor that you do care about the project and are ready to overcome obstacles. Moreover, it will allow to save your time and energy as professors are far more experienced than students and are ready to help. Pay attention that it is better to reveal a problem in the midway in order to improve the situation before it’s too late.
- Let somebody check your final piece. When everyone in a group is responsible for a particular piece, it is important to see whether all parts stick together, i.e., to see the whole picture. That is why it is important that somebody review your project before turning in. Your professor is ideal for that, but your group mates will also do. A fresh pair of eyes will probably save many people’s grades.
Group Project: a Chance to Get a Good Mark or a Disaster?
A group project in college may be either a great experience or a nightmare. For those who do everything in the last night before the deadline, it can turn into a big problem. However, if to take it seriously, a group project can lead to a good grade. Moreover, it is able to develop your leadership abilities and check whether you are a good team member. With the following tips offered by QualityEssay.com, a group project is no longer something to be stressed about and hastily throw an all-nighter right before it’s due.